The majority of older adults prefer to remain in their own homes as they grow older. With assistance from family caregivers and/or private duty nursing and nurse aids, they need never to move to a senior living community. This is a positive choice for those who wish to remain close to their history, their possessions and their family memories. Regardless, everyone needs companionship to avoid feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Living alone is a reality for many seniors. For some, the isolation can lead to depression and increase the risk of dementia. Nina’s Health Care Services, LLC’ Companion care provides seniors with a friend and companion to share activities, conversation, recreation, and other daily activities.
Our Companion care can also provide a range of other duties and responsibilities that make the lives of seniors easier.
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) including grooming, dressing/undressing, toileting, bathing, and eating
- Assistance with transportation to shopping, doctor’s appointments, restaurants, and other activities
- Light house-keeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, etc.
- Meal preparation and cooking with the nutritional needs of the senior in mind
- Medication management or assisting with administering and refilling prescriptions
- Memory care for those with Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- Sharing range of recreational activities including walks, swimming, or your choice of activity.
- Assistance when there is a crisis
- Counseling and support.
- Pet care including feeding, walking, clean up and Vet visits.
- Act as a liaison with families who live away.
- Organizational help.
Nina’s Health Care Services, LLC will provide this companionship and something more… FRIENDSHIP. Change and loss are common aging adults and loneliness is often a common feeling, in particular during weekends. Sometimes a friendly face is just what is needed, fulfilling a need of social belonging and interaction.
Let Nina’s Health Care Services, LLC be that special friend! It might not be that easy to put your trust to someone, but with a Nina’s Health Care Services, LLC’, you are in good hands. Choosing the right professionals for your companion care is easy when you turn to us. Contact us for more information at 614-314-5416.